Residence Counselor 21 hours
Davis Road ICF
Schedule: Evening hours
Status: Part Time
Nature Of Work:
• The Residence Counselor is responsible for the actual implementation of each consumers Individualized Program Plan as determined by the consumer and his/her Service Planning Team. This includes, but is not limited to; ongoing teaching/assisting with community integration, social and recreational activities, money management, transportation, behavioral needs and overall health and well being of the consumer. The Residence Counselor meets regularly with the Shift Supervisor, QIDP, Residence Manager and confers with other members of the consumers Service Planning Team to ensure services are appropriate and meet with expressed (or implied) needs, likes and choices of the consumer. Will respect each consumer’s home, belongings and agency property.
• High School diploma or GED is required. Verbal and written communication skills are necessary in order to perform the essential functions of the position.
• One year of experience working with adults with developmental disabilities.
• A valid driver’s license with driving record that meets insurability guidelines to operate agency owned vehicles.
• Must meet the requirements related to Criminal History Record checks that became effective April 1, 2005 which requires prospective employees to be fingerprinted if they have regular and substantial unsupervised or unrestricted physical contact with people receiving services in our programs regulated by OPWDD.
Announcement Date: 2017/07/14