Schedule: varied hours Monday - Friday
Nature Of Work:
• The program staff, working collaboratively with Department of Social Services program staff, provides supervised visits with families as well as non-custodial parents in a home-like setting according to a mutually established schedule. Program staff composes follow-up reports after each visit and submits these to the Supervisor on a timely basis. Program staff is responsible to review referral and case record information, prior to conducting a visit. On occasion program staff may be required to appear in court, conduct visits at a foster care home or provide transportation for families.
• Associate’s Degree in Human Services or related field preferred.
• High School Diploma with appropriate experiences may be considered.
• Coursework in child development, psychology, and sociology, written and verbal expression is beneficial.
• Experiences in working with families and children of all ages are essential. In addition, training in basic observation techniques would also be advantageous.
• Must have a current, valid driver license.
• Must meet the requirements of the School Age Care, Day Care, and/or Mental Health Regulations regarding a State Central Register Clearance regarding history of abuse/maltreatment of children.
Announcement Date: 2017/01/01