Community Habilitation Aide Relief hours
Schedule: All shifts
Nature Of Work:
• The Community Habilitation Aide staff is responsible for the implementation of each consumer’s Individualized Program Plan as determined by the consumer and his/her Service Planning Team to work with individuals toward skill acquisition and gaining maximum independence. This includes, but is not limited to: assisting with teaching employment skills, community safety, travel training, personal hygiene, dining, ambulating, behavioral support and overall health and well being of consumer. The Community Habilitation Aide meets regularly with their supervisor and confers with other members of the consumer’s Service Planning Team to ensure services are appropriate and meet with expressed (or implied) needs, likes and choices of the consumer. This may include working as an Individual/Family Directed Option staff member, whose schedule and training is provided directly by the individual or family, in collaboration with Pathways Inc.
• High School diploma or GED is required. Verbal and written communication skills are necessary in order to perform the essential functions of the position.
• One year of experience working with adults with development disabilities, preferred.
• A valid driver’s license passing insurability guidelines.
• Must meet the requirements related to Criminal History Record checks that became effective April 1, 2005 which requires prospective employees to be fingerprinted if they have regular and substantial unsupervised or unrestricted physical contact with people receiving services in our programs regulated by OPWDD.
Announcement Date: 2017/01/01