Job Coach Relief hours
Supported Employment Corning
Schedule: All Shifts - hours based on employment of consumer.
Nature Of Work:
• The Job Coach is responsible to assist the consumer in finding compensated employment in an integrated work setting, evaluating the job site to assist the consumer to adapt to the job, coach the consumer by providing assistance, support and interventions necessary for the person to initially learn a job and to maintain and enhance job performance over time. This includes, but is not limited to teaching how to perform a specific task, training and modeling job activities; job skills, appropriate work behavior, proper social skills, work ethics, socialization, hygiene and appearance, transportation, and overall health and well-being of consumer.
• High School diploma or GED is required. Verbal and written communication skills are necessary in order to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Prefer at least one year of experience in the field of Developmentally Disabilities in the area of vocational/pre-vocational work with the disabled or training recognized as appropriate by the State Education Department’s Office of Vocational and Employment Services for Individuals with Disabilities.
• A valid driver’s license passing insurability guidelines.
• Must meet the requirements related to Criminal History Record checks that became effective April 1, 2005 which requires prospective employees to be fingerprinted if they have regular and substantial unsupervised or unrestricted physical contact with people receiving services in our programs regulated by OPWDD.
Announcement Date: 2017/01/01