Special Education Itinerant Teacher (Per diem) Covers various counties. Steuben, Chemung, Schuyler and Allegany.
Schedule: Day hours
Nature Of Work:
• Responsible for providing Itinerant Special Education Services to children not enrolled in the center-based program. As indicated in the child’s Individualized Educational Plan (IEP), provide individualized instruction to improve the child’s skills related to cognitive development, communication skills, social and emotional development, self-help/adaptive skills and fine gross motor skills. SEIT documents services as required. SEIT offers consultation services to education professionals in order to meet the IEP objectives.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education required, with a Master’s Degree preferred. Provisional New York State Certification in Students with Disabilities, B-2 required, with permanent certification preferred.
• Preschool Special Education experience preferred.
• Valid Driver’s License passing insurability guidelines.
• Knowledge of common childhood disorders and special instruction techniques. Knowledge of, and the ability to demonstrate, an understanding of early childhood development and the program’s philosophy. Ability to accept and demonstrate information/directions from the Program Director. Knowledge of Special Education Regulations.
• Must meet the requirements of the School Age Care, Day Care, and/or Mental Health Regulations regarding a State Central Register Clearance regarding history of abuse/maltreatment of children and Criminal History Review for criminal convictions
Announcement Date: 2017/01/01